1. Father did not want Nick to read this book. 2. I hate things to be broken. 3. She wants to have her hair cut. 4. I don't like Kate to sing this song. 5. Everybody knows her to be very brave. 8. I expected you to do your homework. 7. Did you see anybody speaking to him? 8. She watched the children playing lotto. 9. His mother made him go to bed. 10. Have you had your photo taken? 11.1 want the dinner cooked in time. 12. 1 had a new dress made last week. 13. I know him to be (the) captain of a big ship. 14. She felt tears rolling down her cheeks.
1. Mary made Tom wash his hands and face again. "I want you to be clean," she said. 2. "I want the floor washed by the evening," said mother. 3. He heard her sighing in her sleep. 4. She was so busy thinking she did not notice me enter, 5. We wanted them to tell us something about themselves. 6. I often heard them arguing. 7. When I was a child, 1 liked mother to sing songs to me. 8. She felt somebody come up to her, but did not turn. 9. The boy watched the mechanic repairing the refrigerator, 10. David heard the doctor leave his mother's room and go downstairs. 11. Nobody saw Jim enter the house. Nobody expected him to come so early. 12. "I want everybody to be happy," she said. 13. "You cannot make me give you the child," said Miss Betsy. 14. Sid saw Tom jump out of the window.
1. We know him to be (the) captain of a big ship. 2. We expect you to visit us on Saturday. 3. She heard her brother enter the room, 4. I shall make you study well. 5. Nina wants me to come, too. 8. I know you to have been ill. 7. I expected you to come in time. 8. I know your father to be very tall. 9. She did not want me to go to England. 10. I expect you to help me. 11. I know her to be the best pupil.
12. 1 want the work to be done (done). 13. We saw him cross the street.
1. We liked to come to this garden and watch children playing. 2. When Robert went out into the corridor, he felt somebody touch his arm. 3. She wanted the children brought into the hall. 4. Tom was a very diligent pupil and soon made everybody respect him. 5. I don't want to make you do it at once.
6. I want you to do it yourself. 7. Have you ever heard him playing (singing) this piece? 8. I want you to introduce me to your brother. 9. I like my sister to speak English with her friends. 10. Ann did not expect the book to be so interesting. 11. I often heard him tell the students about his native land. 12.
We often saw them working in the reading room. 13. When did you have your car repaired? 14. If I see Nina in the library, I shall make her tell me about everything.
1. Не wants the letters brought into his room. 2. We know them to be very busy. 3. I want to have my photo taken. 4. I know him to be a great theatregoer. 5. I expect you to write me a letter. 6. He heard somebody entering the room. 7. I don't like the child to play with the dog. 8. I hate books to be torn. 9. Harris did not want his wife to jump off the bicycle. 10. Where do you have your dresses made? 11. His mother made him put on his coat. 12. The mother watched the child walking across the room. 13. Did you see anybody enter the classroom? 14. He had his hair cut yesterday.
1. I want the letters written today. 2. I should like you to call on me tonight. 3. I was not sleeping and heard somebody enter our compartment. 4. I saw them walking down the street together. 5. Nobody has ever heard her recite poetry. 6. It made me think how to correct the mistake. 7. I wonder what made him give up the trip to the Crimea. 8. My father wants me to study two foreign languages. 9. Mother made me go to the country. 10. The professor wants me to work more (to do some more work) at my report. 11. We expect you to go to the south with us. 12. They don't want us to do it. 13. The painter watched the yellow leaves falling to the ground. 14. Come in: I expect my brother to return soon.
1. I want these books to be returned. 2. The rain made us turn back. 3. She felt somebody touch her hand. 4. We heard the bell ring. 5. Her brother's illness made her go to Kiev. 6. The cold wind made him put on his coat. 7. My friend wants me to come to his place (home). 8. I know your friend to be a skilful photographer. 9. We expect you to take part in the concert. 10. I know you to be my friend. 11. Mother wanted potatoes to be bought at the market. 12.1 know these people to be foreign tourists. 13. She expects the teacher to ask her.
СЛОЖНОЕ ПОДЛЕЖАЩЕЕ (COMPLEX SUBJECT)
1. Известно, что в нашей стране каждый год выпускают много книг. 2. Предполагают, что вы окончите институт через четыре года. 3. Говорят, что радий очень радиоактивен. 4. Было известно, что этот прибор спроектировали в той лаборатории. 5. Его изобретение считается очень важным. 6. Известно, что солнце представляет собой массу сжатых газов. 7. Сообщают, что новая ракета будет запущена (в производство) в следующем году. 8. Полагают, что у этого типа ракет имеется много преимуществ. 9. Долгое время полагали, что атом неделим. 10. Обнаружили, что атом гелия имеет два электрона. 11. Я не знал, чего от меня ждали, поэтому не сказал ничего. 12. Говорили, что он один из самых многообещающих ядерных физиков. 13. Говорят, что он хороший переводчик. 14. Было известно, что Роберта — честная и трудолюбивая девушка. 15. Ожидали, что Клайд приедет в конце недели. 16. Предполагали, что Бекки и Том остались у вдовы Дуглас. 17. Сообщают, что число безработных увеличивается с каждым годом. 18. Ожидают, что скоро выпустят много новых учебников. 19. Говорят, что Московское метро самое красивое в мире. 20. Известно, что заяц бегает очень быстро. 21. Видели, что мужчина снял пальто. 22. Говорят, что алмазные прииски в Западной Якутии нисколько не уступают по богатству всемирно известным Южноафриканским приискам. 23. Известно, что эта электростанция расположена на реке Ангаре. 24. Считается, что эти приборы очень эффективны.
1. The climate there is considered to be very healthful. 2. The Chinese dancers were announced to arrive next week. 3. The performance is expected to be a success. 4. The book is said to be popular with both old and young. 5. The poem is believed to have been written by an unknown soldier. 6. The playwright is supposed to be working at a new comedy. 7. The flood is reported to have caused much damage to the crops. 8. The crops were supposed to be rich that year. 9. This mineral water has been found to be very good for the liver. 10. Electricity is considered to exist throughout space. 11. The weather in Europe is said to have been exceedingly hot last summer. 12. Five ships were reported to be missing after the battle.
1. Так уж случилось, что деньги меня не интересуют. 2. Так случилось, что в середине лекции доктор Соммервилл остановился и взглянул в окно. 3. С первого упоминания о Длинном Джоне я боялся, что он может оказаться тем самым одноногим моряком, за которым я так долго наблюдал на постоялом дворе. 4. Казалось, что со времени их последней встречи Клайд не думал ни о ком другом, кроме Сондры. 5. По всему было видно, что Клайд забыл о своем обещании проводить свободные вечера с Робертой. 6. Оказалось, что она отличная артистка, 7. Однажды случилось так, что Заяц встретился с Черепахой. 8. Казалось, что Черепаха ползет очень медленно. 9. Оказалось, что Заяц проиграл состязание в беге. 10. Казалось, что аппарат в отличном состоянии. 11. Похоже, что Вы нашли в нем нечто, чего я не заметил. 12. Кажется, эта работа займет много времени, 13. Операция казалась сложной. 14. Похоже, что новые методы работы очень эффективны. 15. Процентное содержание угля в этой стали оказалось очень низким. 16. Оказалось, что Ирвинг высокий бледнолицый парень. 17. Оказалось, что его контора расположена на одной из отдаленных (от центра) улиц. 18. Он оказался идеальным человеком. 19. Кажется, она не хочет делать ничего, что я предлагаю. 20. Оказалось, что он не испытывает никаких родственных чувств к своему племяннику. 21. Казалось, это забавляет полисмена. 22. Вы можете легко проникнуть внутрь через окно, если дверь случайно окажется запертой. 23. Казалось, что крестьяне не видят ее. 24. Казалось, Овод невзлюбил сеньору Грассини со времени их первой встречи. 25. Кажется, Вы не сделали для себя ничего примечательного тем, что уехали. 26. "Джим," — сказал он, наконец, голосом, который, казалось, не принадлежал ему.
1. Не appeared to be losing patience. 2. He appeared not to have heard what had been said. 3.1 happened to be present at the opening session. 4.1 happened to overhear their conversation. 5. My prediction turned out to be correct. 6. The language of the article turned out to be quite easy. 7. They seem to know all about it. 8. They seem to have heard all about it. 9. The discussion seemed to be coming to an end. 10. You don't seem to approve of the idea. 11. The house seemed not to have been lived in for a long time.
1. Мы, большинство из нас, хотим очень многого, чего мы, похоже, не получим. 2. Он обязательно расскажет мне все об этом событии, даже если я не попрошу его. 3. Когда Сондра сказала, что они обязательно встретятся снова, она увидела, что лицо Клайда вдруг просияло. 4. Если мы будем продолжать спорить, мы обязательно поссоримся. 5. Они обязательно оценят (признают) Ваш талант. 6. Он обязательно сообщит Вам кое-какие полезные сведения. 7. Похоже, что эта статья появится в следующем номере журнала. 8. Мистер Уординг обязательно скоро вернется. 9. Эти двое молодых людей обязательно будут очень хорошими друзьями. 10. Вы обязательно будете там завтра вечером, не правда ли? 1.1. Непохоже, что она переменит свое мнение. 12. Они обязательно должны были достичь взаимопонимания. 13. Не беспокойтесь: все обязательно устроится. 14. Этот новый курс лечения обязательно поможет вашей бабушке.
1. Cold weather was never expected to set in so early. 2. We turned out to have met. 3. You seem to be tired. 4. The working conditions turned out to be more difficult than it had been supposed (than they
had been supposed to be). 5. Do you happen to know this man? 6. The book you gave me has turned out to be dull. 7. The new buses turned out to be very comfortable. 8. Of the three Bronte sisters Charlotte is considered to be the most talented one. 9. The English woman-writer Voinich is known to have lived in St. Petersburg for a number of years and (to have) studied Russian literature. Russian literature is considered to have influenced her creative activity. 10. Your friend seems to be very interested in ancient history. 11. The Romans are known to have built good roads on the British Isles.12. "The Song of Beowulf" is supposed to have been written in the 8th century. 13. Walter Scott is considered to be the creator of the historical novel. 14. The expedition is reported to have reached its destination. 15, I happen to know his telephone number. 16. He turned out to be a good sportsman. 17. He seems to be writing a new article; he seems to have been working at it for two weeks already. 18. I happened to meet him in Moscow. 19. This building is said to have been erected in the 17th century,20. The Martian canals are known to have been discovered in 1877. 21, The meeting is supposed to be over at ten o'clock. 22. They are supposed to know about it more than they want to show, 23. Jim turned out to be a brave boy. 24. Rochester happened to meet Jane on his way home. 25. He is said to have been working at his invention for several years. 26. This article is said to have been translated into all the languages of the world. 27. You seem to have read a lot before entering the university.
1. If my friend comes to see me, I shall be very glad.2. If my friend came to see me, I should be very glad.3. If my friend had come to see me, I should have been very glad.
1. If mother buys a cake, we shall have a very nice tea party.2. If mother bought a cake, we should have a very nice tea party,.3. If mother had bought a cake, we should have had a very nice tea party.
1. If we receive a telegram from him, we shall not worry.2. If we received a telegram from him, we should not worry.3. If we had received a telegram from him, we should not have worried.
1. If you don't work systematically, you will fail the examination,2. If you did not work systematically, you would fail at the examination.3. If you had not worked systematically, you would have failed at the examination.
1. If you are busy, I shall leave you alone,2. If von were busy, I should leave you alone.3. If you had been busy, I should have left you alone.
1. If I live in Moscow, I shall visit the Treiyakov Gallery every year.2. If I lived in Moscow, I should visit the Tretyakov Gallery every year.3. If I had lived in Moscow, I should have visited the Tretyakov Gallery every year.
1. If I get a ticket, I shall go to the Philharmonic.2. If I got a ticket, I should go to the Philharmonic.3.
If I had got a ticket, I should have gone to the Philharmonic.
1. If I live near a wood, I shall gather a lot of mushrooms.2. If I lived near a wood, I should gather a lot or mushrooms.3. If I had lived near a wood, I should have gathered a lot of mushrooms.
1. If my father returns early, we shall watch TV together.2. If my father returned early, we should watch TV together.3. If my father had returned early, we should have watched TV together.
1. If she knows English, she will try to enter the university.2. If she knew English, she would try to enter the university.3. If she had known English, she would have tried to enter the university.
1. They would all be surprised if I made such a mistake.2. They would all have been very surprised if I had made such a mistake.
1. If he didn't come in time, should we have to wait for him?2. If he hadn't come in time, should we have had to wait for him?
1. If I were not too busy, I should go to the concert.2. If I had not been too busy, I should have gone to the concert.
1. If no one came to help, we should be obliged to do the work ourselves.2. If no one had come to help, we should have been obliged to do the work ourselves.
1. If you put on your glasses, you would see better.2. If you had put on your glasses, you would have seen better.
1. What should we do if they were late?2. What should we have done if they had been late?
1. Would you be very angry if we didn't come?2. Would you have been very angry if we hadn't come?
1. Would he be very displeased if I didn't ring him up?2. Would he have been very displeased if I hadn't rung him up?
If I live in the south, I shall bathe every day. If I live in the south, I shall be very happy. If I live in the south, I shall be very glad.
If I come home late, I shall go to bed at once.
If I live in the country, I shall often go to the wood. If I live in the country, I shall bathe every day. If I live in the country, I shall gather many mushrooms.
If I live in the country, I shall be very happy. If I live in the country, I shall be very glad.
If I go to the wood, I shall gather many mushrooms. If I go to the wood, I shall be very happy. If I go to the wood, I shall be very glad.
If I receive his letter, I shall be very happy. If I receive his letter, I shall be very glad.
If I fall ill, I shall go to the doctor. If I fall ill, I shall go to bed at once.
If I find my book, I shall be very glad. If I find my book, I shall be very happy.
If I lose my money, I shall be very sorry.
If I see my friend, I shall ask his advice. If I see my friend, I shall be very happy. If I see my friend, I shall be very glad.
I wish I were in the south. If I were in the south, I should bathe every day.
I wish I were at home. If I were at home, I should go to bed.
I wish I were in the country. If I were in the country, I should go to the wood.
I wish I were in the wood. If I were in the wood, I should gather many mushrooms.
I wish I were at the camp. If I were at the camp, I should have a very good time.
I wish I were a scientist. If I were a scientist, I should invent a time machine.
I wish I were a composer. If I were a composer, I should write beautiful music.
I wish I were a poet. If I were a poet, I should write beautiful poetry.
I wish I were a writer. If I were a writer, I should write interesting novels.
I wish I were a spaceman. If I were a spaceman, I should fly to other planets.
I wish I were a sailor. If I were a sailor, I should sail to Africa.
I wish I had translated the article yesterday.If I had translated the article yesterday, I should have found out all about this discovery.
I wish I had met you yesterday. If I had met you yesterday, I should have told you something.
I wish I had read this new book. If I had read this new book, I should have told you about it.
I wish I had seen your brother yesterday. If I had seen your brother yesterday, I should have asked him to come to our place.
I wish I had bought a dictionary. If I had bought a dictionary, I should have translated the text.
I wish I had learned my lesson. If I had learned my lesson, I should have got a good mark.
I wish I had rung him up yesterday. If I had rung him up yesterday, I should have found out all about his illness.
I wish I had gone to the library. If I had gone to the library, I should have got that book.
I wish I had had more practice in chess. If I had had more practice in chess, I should have won the game yesterday.
I wish I had joined you in fishing. If I had joined you in fishing, I should have caught a lot of fish.
I wish I had had a ticket yesterday. If I had had a ticket yesterday, I should have gone to the theatre with you.
I wish I had asked you to help me. If I had asked you to help me, I should have done the work well.
I wish I had called at that shop. If I had called at that shop, I should have bought the book.
I wish I had called on my friend yesterday. If I had called on my friend yesterday, I shauld have met interesting people.
I wish I had won the championship. If I had won the championship, I should have been gent abroad.
I wish I had heard about it yesterday. If I had heard about it yesterday, I should have been pleased.
1. He would not have. 2. You give. 3. She were not. 4. We shall spend. 5. They had not gone. 6. You don't get. 7. You would consult. 8. I had. 9. It rains. 10. He had worked. 11.1 shall not put. 12. 1 should have written. 13. He did not read. 14. My friend is.
1. You don't buy. 2. He will certainly come. 3. He had not hurt. 4. My friend worked. 5. You would improve. 6. Your mother will be. 7. She had returned. 8. I should buy. 9. You ring. 10. You were. 11. He would not know. 12. He had come 13. He does not pass. 14. She had not helped. 15. He did not read. 16. I should have gone. 17. I should get.
1. My brother is. 2. I shall stay. 3. She would not be. 4. You did not smoke. 5. He had learnt. 6. I should translate, 7. I were. 8. Barbara had got. 9. It would not have got. 10. He came. 11. He lived. 12. You had gone. 13. You don't listen. 14. He would not spend. 15. My friend had not lent. 16. We should not meet. 17. I should have done.
1. I had. 2. She had been. 3. He would never have jpboned.'4. Your brother would become. 5. He were.
6. He would not have caught. 7. You had put. 8.1 knew. 9. I should have brought. 10. It snows. 11. I did not know. 12. I should not do it. 13. Men had. 14. You waste. 15. I had.
1. His vocabulary will increase. 2. They had known. 3. I get. 4. You would go. 5. You would not have missed. 6. You had not missed. 7. You would not have missed. 8. You had not missed. 9. You had understood. 10. You would not have got. 11. Your mother would not have scolded. 12. Your mother had not scolded. 13. She4 had asked. 14. You did. 15. He will agree. 16. I had not been.
1. It rains. 2. A dog bit. 3. He would have taken. 4. I had. 5. She wouldn't have been. 6. I had lived. 7. She would get. 8. His friend had been. 9. My cactus plant hadn't had. 10. They would have sent. 11. He would telephone ... and help. 12. You will have. 13. She hadn't been. 14. They would have enjoyed.
15. A robber attacked. 16. He wouldn't have fallen. 17. You didn't smoke. 18. Her alarm clock had rung.
.1. Would you attack. 2. They would stay ... and would probably survive. 3. He would have succeeded.
4. I hsad lived. 5. She smelt. 6. He had been invited. 7. The accident wouldn't have happened. 8. You don't know. 9. They would have given. 10. I should (would) read. 11. They would have watched. 12. It wouldn't have shrunk. 13. You get, you are. 14. They had gone. 15. I were. 16. He had brought. 17. My mother won. 18. You would have been.
1. You read, I should lend. 2. You had read, you would have seen. 3. He were, he would not play. 4.
He had been, would not have taken. 5. It were not raining, would not be. 6. Would you have been, I had not come. 7. We did not have, we should walk. 8. The evening were not, we should continue. 9. You were, you would study.
1. If he were not busy, he would come to see us. 2. If the girl had studied well last year, she would not have received bad marks. 3. If he had not broken his bicycle, he would have gone to the country. 4. If he had (more) practice, he would speak English better. 5. If I had not had a bad headache yesterday, I should have come to see you. 6. If the ship had not sailed near the coast, it would not have struck a rock. 7. If he had been in town, he would have been present at our meeting. 8. If the pavement had not been so slippery, I should not have fallen and hurt my leg. 9. If the sea were not (so) rough, we should (could) sail to the island. 10. If they had not made a fire, the wolves would not have run away. 11. If it were not late, I should not have to go home. 12. If I had not expected my friend to come, I should (could) have gone to the cinema wfth you. 13. If mathematics were not his favourite subject and he did not work a lot at it, he would not always get top marks. 14. If I bad had a dictionary, I should have translated the article yesterday. 15. If the night had not been pitch-dark, we should not have lost our way. 16. If the box had not been so heavy, (I could have carried it and) I should not have taken a taxi.
1. If the travellers had had a camera with them, they would (could) have taken pictures of the beautiful scenery. 2. If there had been any sugar left, we should not have had to go to the shop late in the evening. 3. If this house were not situated close to a chemical plant, the air around would not be bad and the house would be very good for living. 4. If I were acquainted with him, I should ask his advice.
5. If you did not have a toothache, you would (could) enjoy this merry evening party. 6. If you were not so absent-minded, you would not make so many mistakes. 7. If you had rung me up, I should have known you were in trouble. 8. If you had not left the child alone, he would not have hurt himself. 9. If they had not spent a year in the tropics, they would not have got so sun-tanned. 10. If it had not rained so heavily, we should not have got drenched to the skin. 11. If you had watched the cat, it would not have eaten the fisli. 12. If a huge black cloud had not appeared from behind the forest, we should not have turned back and hurried home. 13. If it were not so late, we should go to see them. 14. If you had not been in her way, she would not have been angry.
1. He had not forgotten. 2. I had. 3. I had consulted. 4. It were. 5. I had not lent. 6. You sent. 7. I did not have. 8. You had gone. 9. I knew. 10. I had not drunk. 11. You read. 12. I had never suggested. 13.
I had been. 14. We met. 15. You had seen. 16. They did not see.
1.1 could. 2. She had seen. 3.1 had passed. 4.1 hadn't forgotten. 5. He hadn't broken. 6. She had stayed.
7. He knew. 8. It were. 9. It had been. 10. She lived. 11. He hadn't done. 12. I had brought. 13. I could.
14. You were. 15. They could. 16. Things were.